The March 2012 issue of Benchmarks Online is now available. Learn more below or from Claudia Lynch.
Featured articles in Benchmarks Online are:
- Campus Computing News: UNT's Server Virtualization Initiative. The server virtualization initiative at UNT provides for shared server services, frequently eliminating the need for institutional units to acquire and support their own hardware.
- Support Ending For BlackBerry Users - BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) support is ending for all of UNT System institutions on August 1, 2012.
- 2012 University Forum on Teaching & Learning - Free and open to ALL UNT faculty, graduate teaching fellows and assistants! Lunch is provided!.
- The Microsoft Home Use Program - The Microsoft Home Use program has been available to UNT faculty and staff members for a number of years but has, perhaps, been a "well kept secret." The program enables those who are eligible to download and install Microsoft® Office software at a reduced price on their home computers.
- Spring Break Hours - Spring Break is here! If you're not leaving town for the entire week, the hours for various areas noted in this article could come in handy.
- Today's Cartoon - information age humor.
- By the Numbers - A glimpse behind the scenes of the volumes of data and spam processed, managed and otherwise handled.
- RSS Matters - monthly column by the Research and Statistical Support Group in Academic Computing and User Services. This month Dr. Starkweather gives you “A brief reminder about Sample Size.”
- The Network Connection - This month's column is titled “Party Like it's 1999.”
- Link of the Month - This month’s link is “Online Tutoring."
- Helpdesk FYI - Creating a Critical Outage using the Incident Management Console for ITSM 76 is this month’s topic.
- Training - This column keeps you up-to-date on all sorts of training opportunities. SPSS and SAS courses are now offered online only. R is offered online also. All employees need to take an information security course.
- Staff Activities -New employees, people who are no longer employed by UIT, awards and recognitions and other items of interest featured here. Due to organizational changes with regard the dissolution of CITC into IT Shared Services (ITSS) and University Information Technology (UIT), it has been decided that only staff activities for UIT will continue to be be reported in this column. ITSS staff activities will be handled by ITSS Communications.
- ITC News - Minutes of the Information Technology Council (ITC) are printed here when they are available. No minutes were published this month.